- Coursework: Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Applied Data Analysis, Data Visualization
Electrical and Electronics Engineering BS
Graduated 13th among 120 graduates in my year.
50% scholarship for ranking 1976th among 2,000,000 students taking the undergraduate placement examination.
Coursework: Algorithms, Data Structures, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Statistical Learning, Data Analysis
Research Intern | Thesis Project
- Using natural language processing to transform unstructured text into knowledge graphs.
- Researched novel evolutionary hyperparameter optimization methods for training knowledge graph embedding models.
- Implemented them in Accenture's open source knowledge graph library AmpliGraph.
EPFL LIONS Lab
- Implemented a novel exploration method for deep reinforcement learning algorithms using TensorFlow.
- Co-authored a paper that was accepted to the OptRL workshop at NeurIPS 2019.
Bilkent Data Science Group
- Built a Python framework for the offline evaluation of multi-armed bandit algorithms.
- Modified the SQL code of a medical dataset simulator to generate data to train three different bandit models.
ETH Computer Vision Lab
- Implemented a neural network in MATLAB to perform semantic segmentation on magnetic resonance images.
- Added four new features to the modeling platform ArtiSynth by integrating my code into the large Java codebase.
Huawei R&D Center
Research & Development Intern
- Collected live tweets using Java and predicted the response time of a Twitter account to new tweets using Weka.
PyTorch, TensorFlow, NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib
Native Turkish, Fluent English (TOEFL 119/120), Basic French
Bilkent Engineering Society
- Held weekly meetings with over 100 members, managed a 150.000 TL budget and organized career/social events.
- Coordinated a management and leadership conference with over 600 attendees.